CDS BRANDS INTERNATIONAL – Deon L Coetzee (A.B.N. 13853344712) trading as CDS BRANDS INTERNATIONAL and its related bodies corporate (CDS Brands, We, Us) consider the privacy and protection of your personal information as important! We are committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), & Australian Privacy Principles, which set out clear standards for the collection, access, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HELD?
We collect and hold personal information that relates to its Consumers, Business Customers, and Job Applicants.
That personal information could include:
- your name, delivery or postal address, email, date of birth, telephone, mobile phone, facsimile, social media account ID;
- drivers license in respect of our Business Customers that are sole traders or partnerships;
- any comments or queries you have made;
- information about your preferences for goods or services that we offer from time to time;
- information about your qualifications, skills, experience, character and screening checks (including health, criminal records, reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability checks), in respect of Job Applicants, but only where we have obtained your consent or are otherwise permitted by law.
Under no circumstances will we collect or hold your credit card information.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HELD?
We collect personal information directly from you where you:
- complete a web form enquiry or otherwise interact with any websites operated by FGA (our Website(s));
- email one of CDS Brands’s email addresses;
- telephone us;
- when you interact with us via third-party social networking sites like Facebook or Instagram (our Social Media Pages);
- complete an application to open an account to receive credit or purchase by cash-on-delivery where you are a Business Customer;
- purchase from, or become a registered member of our Websites;
- enter into a consumer promotion or competition we run, including but not limited to hardcopy forms and text messaging programs;
- call our third-party customer service to make a warranty claim for Espressotoria product;
- interact with any consumer-directed mobile sites or applications operated by us, including our smartphone apps (our Apps); and
- opt in to receive further marketing communication and/or register for a loyalty program.
Although we generally only collect personal information directly from individuals we may obtain personal information about you from other sources such as social media platforms, third party data aggregators engaged to provide us with additional information about our existing consumers or from third parties with whom we may occasionally partner with to run promotions. We may also receive information about individuals when we consider business customer credit applications.
In respect of Job Applicants, we will use third-party providers to perform any relevant screening and background checks that we are permitted to perform.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is held securely. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
We store your personal information in hardcopy document or electronic form, and we protect your personal information through physical security (including locks and security systems at our office premises) and substantial computer and network security (including use of firewalls, identification codes, access controls and passwords). We also store some personal information with third-party data storage providers, who also employ a range of security measures to protect your personal information.
In addition to the above, we will store your personal information in our customer relations management system (CRM). The CRM may be used by us to record your interaction and the supply and use of your personal informational and other information in connection with the Websites, generally or in connection with your involvement to any loyalty programs or competitions run by us.
Our Websites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, in relation to any purchases and payments made via the Websites. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted.
In using our Websites, where relevant, you can assist in protecting your privacy by ensuring that you always keep your passwords confidential, and by letting us know if your account has been compromised.
What other personal information is collected and held?
When you view and/or interact with our Websites, Apps and Social Media Pages (collectively, the Sites), We may store certain information on your computer. This information may be in the form of a small text file called a “cookie” and can help us improve your experience with the Sites. Cookies will be used to help us understand which parts of the Sites are most popular, where our visitors are going and how much time they spend there. Cookies we use are read only by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. In most cases, your computer can erase, block or warn against cookies. You should consult your browser instruction manual to learn more about these functions. We are not responsible for any third party uses of cookies.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, use and disclose personal information (including disclosing to our related bodies corporate or agents) to;
- respond to any queries or complaints you make with us;
- contact you directly about our brands, products, special offers, promotions and competitions,
- confirm your identity;
- consider your request for a product or services;
- enable us to provide you with products or services;
- approve transactions you wish to make;
- assess a job application you submit to us, including conducting screening checks and considering you for other positions;
- maintain and update our records.
We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with actual or potential misconduct, unlawful activity and acquisitions of our business.
We may exchange your personal information with our related bodies corporate, your representatives and with our service providers that assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, debt collection, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, research, investigation, insurance, website or technology services.
Some of the third parties with whom we exchange personal information may be located in Australia, New Zealand.
Where you have opted-into receiving marketing communications about us or have registered to become part of a loyalty program, we will collect and use your personal information to keep you up to date with the latest news, events, special offers and promotions of our brands via both general marketing communications (i.e. emails, SMS messages and post) and targeted advertising (i.e. – communications on other websites where you are a member, like Facebook, by matching activities/information collected on our Websites with those of third party sites)
You can always opt-out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each communication or by contacting us on (AUS) +61 40 543 9696
You may also opt-out of targeted advertising by following the options on those other websites where you are a member. Please be aware that even if you opt-out from receiving our general marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from us (such as order confirmations, notifications about your account activities). You will also still see generic ads on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
How can you access your personal information and correct it?
You can request to access the personal information that we have on record about you, or request that we update/correct that personal information, by writing, telephoning or emailing us:
CDS BRANDS INTERNATIONAL
ph: +61 40 543 9696
12 Thyme St, Griffin
Brisbane, QLD 4508
We will endeavor to respond to your request to access, update or correct your personal information within thirty (30) calendar days. Please be aware, that upon making your request to us, we will need to verify your identity.
We will provide you access to personal information in the manner that you request, if that is reasonable or practicable for us to do so. If we are not able to provide that information in the way that you request, we will write to you and explain why we cannot provide the information in the way you request, and we will take reasonable steps to give you access to your personal information in an alternative manner to meet your needs and ours. We will also inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
We will not charge you an application charge for requesting access to your personal information. However, depending on the complexity of your request, we may charge you’re a fee for processing the request including costs of postage, and staff costs in searching, locating and retrieving the requested information. We will ensure that that costs is not excessive.
In certain instances, we may refuse to give you access to your personal information. In these circumstances, we will write to you to explain why have refused access, and inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
Where you request for us to correct personal information we hold that you believe is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information once we are satisfied that that information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading. If we refuse your request, we will write to you and explain why we have refused, and also tell you what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Analytics. Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
How can you make a complaint against us for a breach of your privacy, and how your complaint will be handled?
You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or if we have breached the Privacy Act or relevant code.
If you have a complaint, you should write to us ;
CDS BRANDS INTERNATIONAL
ph: +61 40 543 9696
12 Thyme St, Griffin
Brisbane, QLD 4508
We will respond to you in writing within thirty (30) calendar days, informing you of our decision in relation to your complaint.
If you believe that your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, then you can access an external dispute resolution service or apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to have the complaint heard and determined. When we write to you about our decision, we will explain how you may access an external dispute resolution scheme (if applicable) or make a complaint to the OAIC.
Changes to this Policy